Putting a puzzle together is a fun, hands-on activity that is great for families. The best thing about completing a puzzle is gluing it together and hanging it up for everyone to see, so you want to make sure you have the best quality glue to keep it together. What is the best glue for puzzles?
The best glue for puzzles includes the Mod Podge Puzzle Saver and the MasterPieces Elmer’s puzzle glue. Puzzle glue will be adhesive, easy to spread, easy to clean, and give you the best value for your money. Choose a glue that is easy to apply, so it can be something the whole family can enjoy.
Let’s take a look at the best puzzle glue options.
Mod Podge Puzzle Saver
Many crafty puzzle solvers love this puzzle glue because not only is it sold at a reasonable price, but it’s an all-in-one glue, sealant, and finish. When you’ve finally finished that puzzle, you can brush this puzzle glue on, and it’ll be sealed and protected.
Some great qualities about this glue include:
- The formula for this glue is water-based and non-toxic. This feature is a plus for many parents out there because if you’re gluing a puzzle with your young child, you want it to be safe!
- It’s easy to use and dries very fast. You brush the glue on top of the puzzle, allow it to dry, flip it over, and brush the other side. Before you know it, you have a beautiful puzzle sealed and ready for painting.
- There is plenty of glue. The Mod Podge glue can cover a large surface area, so no matter how big the puzzle is, you’ll have enough glue.
- It’s easy to clean. Mod Podge is easy to clean if you make a mess. Use soap and water, and it’ll come right up.
There are a couple of downsides to this glue:
- It doesn’t come with an applicator. You’ll have to buy an applicator separately before trying to glue the puzzle.
- It has a strong smell. If strong smells bother you, this might not be the best option. While a big complaint about this glue is its smell while applying, the results are still fantastic.
Philodogs Jigsaw Puzzle Glue
This product is another excellent option for puzzle glue, as it creates a nice, sturdy puzzle, and it’s great for other things, such as books or picture books.
Some great features this puzzle glue offers include:
- The formula is water-based and non-toxic. Just like Mod Podge, this product offers family-friendly ingredients that make it safe for children.
- The product comes with an applicator. The applicator design specifically applies this glue, making it easier on you, so you don’t have to make another purchase.
- Philodogs has excellent customer service. This product offers a 100% satisfaction service and 24/7 customer service, so if you have any questions about the product, someone will be available to answer them.
Some cons include:
- The glue is very thick. The thick glue can make it difficult to spread evenly on the puzzle.
- You might need a few coats to get the best results. A big complaint was that the puzzle took two or three coats to get the puzzle to stick.
MasterPieces Elmer’s Puzzle Glue
While one of the more expensive glues, Elmer’s puzzle glue is an excellent product for kids because of its easy-to-use application process. It offers many benefits for the price.
Some advantages include:
- Elmer’s puzzle glue is a non-toxic formula. Like many others, this glue is very safe for kids to use.
- This product is one of the easiest to apply. The glue has a built-in applicator that makes it easy to distribute the glue on the puzzle evenly.
- The glue dries quickly. Waiting for the puzzle glue to dry before you can see the finished product can seem long, so with this glue, it’ll go by fast!
- This glue isn’t suitable for children under 13. Unfortunately, the manufacturer’s recommended age is 13 and up, so they don’t suggest younger children use it.
- The glue is thick. A common complaint about the product is that the glue’s consistency is thicker than most, making it harder to spread.
If you’re looking for excellent puzzle glue to hold your puzzles firmly, Mod Podge, Philodogs, and Elmer’s are all great options. These glues are all created with a non-toxic formula that makes them safe to use with your family.
These affordable and easy-to-use puzzle glues will give your finished masterpieces the proper sturdiness they need to become a beautiful picture to share with everyone.